Board of Directors
Chairman of the Board Michael A. Torres, CEO of Adelante Capital Management, LLC
- Michael A. Torres is CEO of Adelante Capital Management, which he joined in February 1995. He has 29 years of real estate and securities research experience. Previously, Mr. Torres was the Director of Real Estate Research and a portfolio manager for Wilshire Asset Management. At Wilshire, he created the Wilshire Real Estate Securities Index, widely recognized as the industry’s performance benchmark. He is currently an active member of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, Pension Real Estate Association, International Council of Shopping Centers, Urban Land Institute and YPO/WPO International. Mr. Torres also serves on the Board of Directors at Colovore LLC, Investment Committee for the Stern Grove Festival Foundation, as well as on the Northern California Advisory Board for City National Bank. He received a B.A. in Architecture and an MBA from University of California, Berkeley.
Roy Cosan, President and Interim CEO of Renova Therapeutics
- Roy Cosan is a 32-year veteran of Johnson & Johnson (J&J), where he was Vice President of New Product Development and, in that role, launched a $billion+ product for schizophrenia, as well as a leading treatment for dementia. He was also a VP with the J&J Development Corporation, the venture capital arm of J&J, where he invested in 19 companies and was a director on 11 boards. Mr. Cosan is Member of the Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) Product Development Review Council and a product development reviewer, in which he plays a role in advising, guiding and determining funding for cancer research projects in Texas. He holds a B.B.A. with a concentration in marketing from Western Michigan University.
H. Kirk Hammond, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, Cardiologist at the Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, and Co-founder of Renova Therapeutics
- Dr. Kirk Hammond, a professor of medicine at the University of California, San Diego, and cardiologist at the Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, has authored more than 100 peer-reviewed publications related to cardiovascular research and is the inventor on seven issued patents. His lab has received continuous NIH funding for a number of years, including two consecutive Program Project Grants in cardiovascular gene transfer. Dr. Hammond received his M.D. from Indiana University and is board certified in internal medicine and cardiovascular diseases.
Daniel M. Bradbury, Managing Member of BioBrit, LLC
- Daniel Bradbury is a life sciences executive with more than 30 years of experience. He is Managing Member of BioBrit, LLC, a Life Sciences Consulting and Investment Firm, and the former President and Chief Executive Officer of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on metabolic diseases. Mr. Bradbury was CEO of Amylin from 2007 until Bristol-Myers Squibb acquired the company for $7 billion in 2012. During his 18 years at the company, Amylin launched the first once-a-week diabetes therapy and three other first-in-class medicines. Mr. Bradbury received a Bachelor of Pharmacy from Nottingham University and a Diploma in Management Studies from Harrow and Ealing Colleges of Higher Education in the United Kingdom.
Pierre Lecocq, Chairman and CEO of Finalec SAS
- Pierre Lecocq is the Chairman and CEO of Finalec SAS, which invests in scaling up startups in Europe and the US. Mr. Lecocq has extensive executive experience as over 25 years as CEO of two global tier 1 automotive suppliers. He has also chaired an international institution grouping 40,000 CEOs over 35 countries promoting corporate social responsibility (CSR). He is presently the Vice Chairman of the largest French foundation welcoming, educating and inserting 30,000 young people in distress. Mr. Lecocq received a Masters in Engineering, and a Masters in Economics from Paris University, as well as a MBA from Harvard University.
Andy Noorda, Managing Member of The Canopy Group
- Andy Noorda is a managing member of The Canopy Group, an early stage venture capital firm based in Lindon, Utah. The Canopy Group targets information technology and life science companies in the Western United States. It was founded by Mr. Noorda’s father, the late Ray Noorda, who was the founder and former CEO of Novell, Inc. Mr. Noorda worked in various supervisory capacities at Novell before joining The Canopy Group. He has been involved in medical philanthropy assisting the Ray and Tye Noorda Foundation in making grants to medical institutions, including the University of Utah’s Harford Center for Geriatric Nursing Excellence.